Monday, January 26, 2009

My Little Tomboy

I want to begin by apologizing there are no pictures with this post, sorry. More to come this week - Wednesday to be exact. It's another very blessed and special day in the Dyson household:) Anyway, I just wanted to share a story with you. We have started home improvemenet projects as you saw in our dining room. Well, Mya's room is our current project, nothing major, just wallpaper border taken down, walls primed and some pink paint. Pink, you know a "girly" color? Well, as I was downstairs with Mya as Vaughn and Jeff were upstairs turning Mya's room into a "girls room" I am watching her play. She is surrounded by what you would consider "girl toys:" a kitchen, doll, purse, pink and purple ring stackers, etc. I then look at what she is playing with and in the mess of her "girl toys" I see she has sniffed out the ONLY "boy toys" in the entire living room - 2 of Vaughn's matchbox cars. She is trying to drive them along our entertainment center. As I see this I have to smile. I was such a tomboy as a kid and it drove my mom and grandma's nuts b/c I was the only girl out of 7 total grandchildren. I guess I can honestly say, Like Mother Like Daughter.

I do have to admit, I've tried the girly girl scene. It feels great to be a girly girl once in awhile, but I gotta be honest, I've come to the conclusion I'm just too lazy to be one. It's a lot of work to constantly do your hair, pick out your jewlery and make sure your make-up is always perfect! :) So as it stands, I find myself in my mom's position, I want her to be a girly girl, wear pink, dress her in cute dresses, but I have to say if she rebels one day I really can't say that I would blame her! :)

That's all from here! I'll post more Wednesday, and pictures this time, not just me babbling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment