Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Funny Little Mya

I promise I have LOTS of pictures coming soon but Mya has just cracked me up the past week and I wanted to share it with you.

The first thing is Mya has learned to make a new sound, "puh." She LOVES making this new sound and she loves the newfound word she has learned to say with her new sound. Now that she can make the puh sound she now can say "Papa" (what the kids call my dad) That is all she says now. No more "mama," or "dada." Just Buh buh buh which is for Vaughn whom she affectionately calls buh buh buh and "papa papa papa." Fear not Mimi, Grandma and Grandpa, your names aren't far behind! They always get the names of the ones who spoil them down very quickly!!! :) Case and point, she's got Papa down you three are definitely next!!!!

My other story is kind of cute. Jeff's nickname for Mya is "stinky." I personally hate it, but his thought behind this is that when she's 15 no one will want to date someone with the nickname "stinky" therefore she won't get on the dating scene until he thinks she's ready. Sweet idea to a point:) Anyway she had a poopy diaper and I said, "Oh Mya you really are stinky!" She then proceeds to say, "dada dada dada dada!" She now associates Jeff with the word stinky. He'd better watch out or instead of daddy he's going to be stinky!!! :)

Pics to come soon! Check on Thursday for a special post. Yet another big day in our house!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nikki-
    I wanted to email you but couldn't find your address. I wanted to say that I am so happy for you and your family that you were able to celebrate Mya's birthday and her anniversary of coming home from the hospital. What a wonderful accomplishment! It is beautiful to see how well she is doing. We cannot wait until we can do the same for Meredith in a few short months. Also, thank you so much for taking interest in our story. It is so nice to have someone who knows what you went though. Take Care! Courtney Richards

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the dyson family...hard to believe. you guys look fantastic, happy, and very much right at home. makes me want to come out and visit. hmmm could just happen some day.
    all my best,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete